Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: British Airways price fixing - a symptom of a VASTLY larger problem
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, October 09, 2006

British Airways price fixing - a symptom of a VASTLY larger problem

and that problem would be, you may ask...?
British Airways, which is being investigated by UK and US authorities for alleged price fixing of fuel surcharges, said on Monday its commercial director and head of communications had both resigned.

The firm said Commercial Director Martin George, who had been on a leave of absence since the investigation began in June, had written a letter to the company that there may have been inappropriate conversations in relation to the surcharges.

"I was not involved in such conversations. Although the board of BA have not found that I have behaved in a dishonest way, I fully recognize my responsibilities as head of department and as a board director," George said in the letter published in a statement by British Airways (BA).

BA said Iain Burns, head of communications, had also resigned.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) raided British Airways in June as part of a trans-atlantic investigation, conducted jointly with the US Department of Justice, into an alleged cartel over airfares and surcharges.

hey... no need for elaborate analysis and explanations... in a word, it's all about greed... money is what it's all about and never mind what you have to do to get it... british airways is just a cameo player in the global drama...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page