Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Some political figures really "get" blogs
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Some political figures really "get" blogs

and it's nice to know that one of them is michigan governor jennifer granholm...
At her address to the Bloggers Caucus at the MDP Convention two weeks ago, Governor Granholm admitted to being a regular lurker on Michigan Liberal, MI's best lefty blog. She proved it, too, as she went around the room calling handles from people's nametags. You're wizardkitten! And you're Brainwrap! she called out, as she went around the room. She had a confused look in her face when she met me, presumably because she has met me several times in the last few months in my role as Vice Chair of my county party, and in all those meetings, we never talked about blogging, nor did I identify myself as emptywheel. Before she left, we all joked that, whenever she wanted it, she could have the handle "Michigan One," so she could post on her own.

The governor of Michigan gets it. She gets that we use handles to blog. And she understands the joy of, for the first time, placing a face to a handle and--as often as not--a real name. And that marks her as someone who understands the community of blogging.

(thanks to emptywheel and the next hurrah...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page