Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Dems: the "party of inclusion." Hear, hear!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dems: the "party of inclusion." Hear, hear!

(donna brazile in roll call via raw story...)
Like most Democratic insiders, I have a love-hate relationship with bloggers and the “net-roots” community. At times, I am irritated by many of their strident, arrogant, self-righteous comments and their disapproving attitudes about us old dinosaurs. But after they helped score an impressive primary victory this summer in the Connecticut Senate Democratic primary between incumbent Sen. Joe Lieberman and unknown businessman Ned Lamont, they clearly have earned a seat at the table...

[...]

There is an entire generation knocking at democracy’s door, and instead of sneaking fearful glances through the peephole, we should fling it wide open and welcome everyone inside. We, Democrats, are the party of inclusion, and it’s time that we prove it.

and one way you can set about proving you're serious is to take the initiative yourself and start tossing some of those entrenched dinosaurs - and you know the ones i'm talking about - OUT... (it's also interesting that you pretty much acknowledged that the door HAS been closed...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page