Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday photoblogging: murals at Estación Retiro
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday photoblogging: murals at Estación Retiro



Estación Retiro

the rains came last night in advance of a cold front and this morning, the temp was in the low 40s(F), with a brisk wind making it feel more like the mid-30s... i've been planning to photograph the murals in estación retiro, the largest commuter train station in buenos aires, where i pass through at least 4-5 times a week... unfortunately, i found that the platform with the best vantage point for shooting was locked and inaccessible, but i still managed to get a few halfway decent shots...





buenos aires is famous for both its murals and its graffiti... i did a post on the graffiti on my other blog quite some time ago (which you can see here)...

p.s. the panorama shot of retiro is not mine...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page