Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bill Clinton supporting Lieberman doesn't make me re-think Joe, it makes me re-think Bill
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bill Clinton supporting Lieberman doesn't make me re-think Joe, it makes me re-think Bill

he should keep his nose out of this one...
One of the Democratic Party's biggest guns, former President Bill Clinton, is coming to Connecticut to campaign for Senator Joe Lieberman.

Clinton's visit, planned for July 24 in Waterbury, comes as a new Quinnpiac Poll shows Lieberman and his Democratic primary challenger, businessman Ned Lamont, in a statistical dead heat.

lieberman's made his bed, he should have to lie in it... if he can persuade the voters of connecticut to support him in the primary, he really should do it on his own merits, not trying to make himself look good by having the former president speak up for him...

there's another side to this coin... clinton, as all former presidents, is ever-mindful of his legacy... stumping for lieberman isn't helping him and, even though we should not confuse the two, it isn't helping his wife either... tossing his support behind joe, rather than making me think again about joe, is making me think again about bill...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page