Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Beograd sunset, 22 July, 7:45 p.m. CEDT
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Beograd sunset, 22 July, 7:45 p.m. CEDT

earlier, i took a walk over to the kalemegdan fortress and the adjoining park to catch the sunset... it's a very large park and it was full of people, couples strolling, old men sitting on park benches, kids hand-in-hand with their parents or kicking soccer balls with their friends... there was even a female jazz singer accompanied by a jazz quartet in the little bandstand doing classics like peggy lee's "fever..." the folks in belgrade, as in many european cities, seem to always be out and about, walking, sitting in outdoor cafes, mingling, buying ice cream... it's all very comfortable and relaxed... the sunset overlooking the confluence of the sava and danube rivers was pretty great too...



Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page