Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Tony Snow: he doesn't have answers so he attacks (disguised as humor, of course)...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, June 23, 2006

Tony Snow: he doesn't have answers so he attacks (disguised as humor, of course)...

didn't anyone ever teach him to respect his elders...?

(from raw story's coverage about today's wh press conference, specifically questions concerning the government's spying on banking transaction data...)
Snow: When did you know about SWIFT before? (Laughter.)

Unidentified reporter: While I don't, I can assure you that people in the financial community know.

Snow: I guarantee you -- you go talk to your local banker, you talk about a lot of --

Thomas: Is it legal?

Snow: It is legal, Helen. See --

Thomas: What is the law that allows you to --

Snow: I'll tell you what, we will attach -- we'll get our lawyers to attach all this and it will just glaze your eyes.

Thomas: (Inaudible) -- give me the law.

Snow: I am going to give you the law.

Go ahead.

Thomas: You don't even know.

Snow: You're absolutely right, I do not know the specific statute, which is why I will present it to you.

Unidentified reporter: But again, why go to the extraordinary effort of trying to get news media to inform people what their government is doing?

Thomas: Do you not understand the difference between private companies and --

Snow: I understand -- I do understand. But what I'm saying here is what the public -- I'll tell you what, you ask the American public: Do you want -- do you think you have a right to know the specific means and methods by which --

Thomas: That's not the --

Snow: Helen, will you stop heckling and let me conduct the press conference? (Laughter.) Well no, I'm making an argument and you're pestering the teacher.

white house press conferences should be filled with nothing but helen thomases...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page