Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Impatience is growing with the Iraq war and its $8 BILLION monthly tab
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, June 12, 2006

Impatience is growing with the Iraq war and its $8 BILLION monthly tab

now, THAT is a figure to truly boggle the mind... but, get this...
Bush said the United States expects countries that have promised $13 billion in financial assistance to make good on their pledges.

well, DAMN, sam...! $13B in PLEDGES...! and how were those raised, the coalition-of-the-willing telethon...? besides, even if all those pledges paid up, why we'd be a WHOPPING MONTH AND A HALF to the good...
"I keep reminding the American people that the stakes are worth it," Bush said.

you can remind me all you want, you asshole... i still see a mess in new orleans, i see an embarrassing number of my fellow americans (myself included) without health insurance, i see thousands of iraqis dying each month, i see americans continuing to die in iraq, and i see you, you jerk, continuing to lie through your teeth...

here's the article's opening paragraph...

President Bush began a two-day strategy session on Iraq at Camp David on Monday, saying Iraq's neighbors should be doing more to help and suggesting the nation's vast supply of oil could be a way of reuniting the country.

this is the article's headline...
Bush reviews Iraq plan, says oil is key

nowhere in the article does oil get mentioned again... any guesses as to just what the hell he's talking about...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page