Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: At last, some honesty about the R's tactics
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, June 10, 2006

At last, some honesty about the R's tactics

and all roads lead back to karl rove...
"A lot of people look at politics and see it as the guy who wins is the guy who unifies the most people," [Allen Raymond, 39, who has just finished serving a three-month sentence for jamming Democratic phone lines in New Hampshire during the 2002 US Senate race] said. "I would disagree. I would say the candidate who wins is the candidate who polarizes the right bloc of voters. You always want to polarize somebody."

[...]

"Republicans have treated campaigns and politics as a business, and now are treating public policy as a business, looking for the types of returns that you get in business, passing legislation that has huge ramifications for business," he said. "It is very much being monetized, and the federal government is being monetized under Republican majorities."

you would have to have been living in a cave not to see the results of this polarization... it's ugly... it's vicious... it's torn this country apart... and, with his latest divisive assault on gays, rove continues to eat away at the very soul of decency - still unimpeded...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page