Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The (fundamentalist Christian) worm turns
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, May 15, 2006

The (fundamentalist Christian) worm turns

so, bushco's pandering to extreme religious conservatives has returned to bite them in the ass...
Some of President Bush's most influential conservative Christian allies are becoming openly critical of the White House and Republicans in Congress...

[...]

"I can't tell you how much anger there is at the Republican leadership," [Richard Viguerie, a conservative direct-mail pioneer] said. "I have never seen anything like it."

[...]

"There's just very, very little to show for what has happened," [Dr. James C. Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family and one of the most influential Christian conservatives] said, "and I think there's going to be some trouble down the road if they don't get on the ball."

look, i don't care that these people have stuck "christian" labels all over themselves and wrapped themselves in the bible and the american flag, they are the antithesis of true christianity... and all i have to say to bush, rove, frist, hastert, and boehner (and delay too) is, when you strike a bargain with the devil, you can be sure he will be back to demand his due...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page