Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The right to an up or down vote is NOT in the Constitution
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, December 12, 2005

The right to an up or down vote is NOT in the Constitution

west virginia senator robert byrd has lost none of his mental acuity to age...

(and neither, i believe, has mike wallace)...

BYRD: And the Constitution says that the Senate has the power of advice and consent. It doesn’t say how that consent would be measured. It doesn’t say it has to be an up or down. Nothing in the history, nothing in the Constitution says that. Yes, you can point that out in the Constitution to me, where it says a nominee shall have the right to an up or down vote. Can the Senator point that out in the Constitution to me? Can the Senator point that out in the Constitution to me?

FRIST: If the distinguished Senator from West Virginia would let me answer, I would be happy to.

BYRD: Yes.

FRIST: It’s not in the Constitution that a United States Senator specifically has the up or down – the right for an up or down vote.

set, game and match to the codger...

oh, and btw, bite me, bill frist...


(thanks to think progress...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page