Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Another executive branch agency to be annexed to the Republican Party
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, December 12, 2005

Another executive branch agency to be annexed to the Republican Party

this time it's USAID...
President George W. Bush's administration is drawing up plans to carry out the biggest overhaul of the US foreign aid apparatus in more than 40 years in an attempt to assert more political control over international assistance, according to officials and aid experts.

The proposed reorganisation could lead to a takeover by the State Department of the independent US Agency for International Development.

[...]

A State Department official, who asked not to be named, said the goal of the reforms was to make US aid better linked to the administration's democracy and development agenda.

um... why don't i believe that...? why do i think that "better linked to the administration's democracy and development agenda" is code for "loyal to the bush camp...?" why do i think that a litmus-tested, bush-loyal, ideologically-pure crony will be the nominee to replace natsios...? why does my stomach churn every time i read an article like this...? color me paranoid...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page