Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: New Years Eve in Buenos Aires
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Years Eve in Buenos Aires

no need to be unduly repetitive... just see my post from christmas eve...

the only difference is that even MORE fireworks are set off on new years eve than on christmas eve, if that's possible... the best comparison of these two days to a holiday in the states is to the 4th of july - big gatherings of family and friends, lots of b-b-q and other goodies, plenty of beer and hard cider, hordes of kids vacuuming up liters and liters of soda and every edible in sight and then, of course, the fuegos artificiales (fireworks)... and there's nothing wussy about THESE fireworks, my friends... they are of a size and explosive power that haven't been legal in the u.s. since i was a little nipper... i managed to retain all my appendages from last weekend... let's see if i can keep the record clean tonight...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page