Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Northwest will "delay" voiding contracts in return for 60%
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Northwest will "delay" voiding contracts in return for 60%

the "bankruptcy as business strategy" juggernaut keeps on rollin'...
Northwest Airlines said on Wednesday that if it can get temporary savings worth 60 percent of its total USD$1.4 billion labor savings goal, the airline could delay a hearing on its request to void its contracts.

Northwest said it was in talks with unions representing its pilots, flight attendants and ground workers about possibly extending until mid-January the deadline for the request in a bankruptcy court hearing. The hearing on Northwest's motion is set for November 16.

Northwest has asked for court permission to void contracts of work groups that do not yield required savings.

hold still there for just a minute while i put this gun to your head... now, what was it you were trying to tell me...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page