Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: ElBaradei - a worthy role model
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, October 14, 2005

ElBaradei - a worthy role model

The Non-Aligned Movement, G77 groups of developing countries and China said in a statement to the 35-nation board of governors that the IAEA's half of the money "be used for practical application of atomic energy for peaceful purposes for the needs of developing countries".

Diplomats said the board was unlikely to decide at its one-day meeting how the money should be used, but would probably agree to put it into a fund and the use determined later.

ElBaradei would not be keeping his prize money either.

"He intends to direct it to charity and other good causes," IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said. "He will not keep it for himself."

remarkable... a ray of light in a dark world...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page