Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A damn good perception of the Democratic leadership
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A damn good perception of the Democratic leadership

after suffering years of cynical apathy over the political situation in this country, cynicism so deep that i actually didn't vote in 1996, the horrors of buscho bestirred me to embrace the democrats once again in the person of howard dean... but, over the past year, it has been increasingly clear that the dem leadership is as bankrupt in its way as the r's, minus the megalomania and ideological fervor... susan douglas seems to be having the same struggle...
The Democratic leadership seems somehow unable to grasp the huge gap in outrage between them and their base. Go anywhere, talk to people who are Democrats or, poor souls, progressives, and the sheer fury of everyday people, if it could be harnessed, would solve this winter's upcoming energy crisis. People are not only enraged; they are also deeply worried.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page