Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Argentina election reaffirms Kirchner
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, October 24, 2005

Argentina election reaffirms Kirchner

with the economy growing in double digits, the candidates kirchner supported were heavily favored although an opposition candidate took a seat in the contested city of buenos aires race and several radical party candidates took seats in the provinces...
Argentina's President Nestor Kirchner has strengthened his support in legislative elections, in which his wife won a Senate seat.

[...]

According to exit polls, Mr Kirchner's allies will firmly control the Senate with 40 of 72 Senate seats, and 85-100 seats in the lower house of 257 deputies - still short of a majority.

[...]

Mauricio Macri . . . finished first in the voting in the capital, Buenos Aires. He beat Foreign Minister Rafael Bielsa, who was backed by the president.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page