Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bush: "...not some manager at McDonald's..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bush: "...not some manager at McDonald's..."

"He's like the lion in winter," observed a political friend of Bush. "He's frustrated. He remains quite confident in the decisions he has made. But this is a guy who wanted to do big things in a second term. Given his nature, there's no way he'd be happy about the way things have gone."

Bush usually reserves his celebrated temper for senior aides because he knows they can take it. Lately, however, some junior staffers have also faced the boss' wrath.

"This is not some manager at McDonald's chewing out the help," said a source with close ties to the White House when told about these outbursts. "This is the President of the United States, and it's not a pleasant sight."

sorry but this story really pisses me off... i have been exposed to plenty of managers and executives "chewing out the help" and there's no goddam excuse for it... none... i don't give a rip whether it's mcdonalds or the white house... verbal abuse is verbal abuse...

i once had a consultant working for me... gracious, polite, professional - to ME... then one of the clerical staff came to me in tears because this gracious, polite, professional was in her face, yelling at her... i pulled the consultant aside and told her that my expectation was that she would treat ALL of us with dignity and respect, that such behavior was unacceptable and that, as soon as her day's gig with us was over, she would not be back...

to me, this article says more about bush than even a biography could... sure, he's under tremendous pressure... but HE'S the LEADER, goddamit... HE'S the one responsible for setting the tone, the example, the role model to be followed... instead he dumps his pressure on others... so much for his REAL character...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page