Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Nope, Hillary, I ain't buyin' it...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Nope, Hillary, I ain't buyin' it...

i find the idea of a strong, liberal, female president appealing and i held on to the possibility that hillary might be the one... not any more... her performance the past few months has thoroughly trashed my hopes... her so-called "centrist positioning" to me betrays a complete lack of moral and ethical compass... too bad... she coulda been a contendah...
But Hillary's not playing the vocal peacenik this time - she's the cagey hawk. She knows if she wants to be the first woman president, she can't have love beads in her jewelry box.

She has defended her vote to authorize the president to wage war, even though it was apparent then that the administration was snookering the country. And she has argued for more troops in Iraq, knowing it sounds muscular but there's no support for it from the public - or Rummy.

She figures the liberals will stay with her while she scuttles to the center, even if they get angry when she's not out front on stopping the war or preserving abortion rights. No one knows how she'll vote on John Roberts, so this could be her own Sister Souljah moment - will she break with the hard-line left on Judge Roberts?

[...]

Hillary may get caught flat-footed. Or she may be right in betting that there's no need to do anything rash now, like leading.

you're right, maureen... the role model for zero leadership at the top of the party that holds nearly absolute political power in this country certainly deserves to be emulated... you go, hillary... show us how it's done...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page