Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Hackett's been taking Dean lessons...! i LIKE it...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hackett's been taking Dean lessons...! i LIKE it...!

[Paul Hackett is] a Marine Reservist and an Iraq war veteran who opposed the war before the U.S. invasion and remains a harsh critic of President Bush's policy there. He is also a Democrat battling to win a special House election in Ohio in a district that has been in Republican hands for more than three decades.

[...]

Hackett told USA Today that Bush's taunting line, "Bring 'em on!" was "the most incredibly stupid comment I've ever heard a president of the United States make." He also told the newspaper that, while he was willing to put his life on the line for the president, "I've said that I don't like the son-of-a-[expletive] that lives in the White House.

[...]

"He called the commander in chief a son-of-a-[expletive]," said NRCC spokesman Carl Forti. "We decided to bury him."

[...]

"I said it. I meant it. I stand by it," [Hackett] said in a phone interview. "In this district, we need more straight-talking, straight-shooting politicians."

in the long run, "burying" truth and truth-tellers never works... and, hey, paul... you don't need me to tell you this, but it ain't only in your district that we need "straight-talking, straight-shooting politicians..." you say what has to be said, fella, and don't let anybody stop you...

MAJOR BEEF WITH WAPO: the article is titled, "GOP Says It Will 'Bury' Name-Calling Candidate" and was run under a dan balz byline... i think dan's last name might be more fitting if he insisted on a headline that didn't goose the dems and boost the r's...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page