Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A weekend break from the heat...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, July 29, 2005

A weekend break from the heat...

this afternoon, i'm headed down to the lakeside resort town of ohrid for the weekend... their wine and cheese festival (which was initiated under the sponsorship of the project i am working for) kicks off in the morning... if i am online at all it will be from an internet cafe, so posts from me may be few to nonexistent... there's one word to describe the past week in skopje - HOT! - so a cooling breeze coming off lake ohrid will be most welcome...

(note: lake ohrid is one of the largest, deepest, and oldest tectonically-formed lakes in the world and the town on its shore, ohrid, has its center designated as a unesco world heritage cultural site... i understand that the town is currently packed with tourists, a lot of them dutch... it'll be an interesting weekend...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page