Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Uzbeks stay in Guantanamo - What about the OTHER prisons...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Uzbeks stay in Guantanamo - What about the OTHER prisons...?

the recent calls for the closing of guantanamo (here and here) and the torrent of bloggers - not so much in the msm, natch - decrying the violence, repression, and torture being conducted by our war on terror "ally," uzbekistan (here and here), may be having an effect... first, bushco leaves open the option for closing guantanamo and now this...
The Bush administration has decided not to send home three Uzbek prisoners deemed eligible for release from the Guantanamo Bay military prison.

here's my question... we already know about similar prisons run by the u.s. at abu ghraib in iraq and bagram in afghanistan... where are the others...? (and you KNOW there are others...) anybody...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page