Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Guantanamo: "...in the hands of the countries of origin, for the most part."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, June 10, 2005

Guantanamo: "...in the hands of the countries of origin, for the most part."

“Our desire is not to have these people. ... Our goal is to have them in the hands of the countries of origin, for the most part,” Rumsfeld said.

the above comment by rummy regarding closing down guantanamo along with another comment by bush that, “We’re exploring all alternatives as to how best to do the main objective, which is to protect America," are both being interpreted as being open to the possibility... rummy's comment obviously followed a little "awareness" chat with the white house... in his previous statement the day before he said he was "unaware" of anyone in the Bush administration discussing closing the base in Cuba.

i'd like to know if having them "in the hands of the countries of origin" is an oblique reference to extraordinary rendition... i'm also curious about what "for the most part" means... but that's just me...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page