Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Leahy and Bolton: Steve Clemons is irritated and we should be too...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Leahy and Bolton: Steve Clemons is irritated and we should be too...

steve clemons is fairly bristling over sen. patrick leahy's comment that john bolton's nomination is going to squeak through... the old li'l abner line about "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" springs to mind... steve tries to maintain his cool, reminding us that in most situations, leahy is "a good guy" but i don't feel any such constraint... i think we (meaning people who have at least some tenuous grasp on reality) ought to battle bolton into the ground... in my previous post on tancredo, i exceeded my own self-imposed boundary on crude speech but bolton provokes similar knee-jerk tendencies...

(Senator Patrick Leahy - 202-224-4242 - or click here...)

Dear Senator Leahy,

I'm not a constituent, so I'll be short and to the point. You should be battling John Bolton into the ground, not aiding and abetting the White House psychological warfare campaign that is trying to shove this monster down our throats.

(more)

Mr. Bolton is an individual who has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does not deserve a single ounce of public trust. He is a litmus-tested, party-loyal, extreme conservative, U.N.-hating, serial-abusing, lying, Bush/Rove operative trying to pass himself off as a diplomat.

You know in your heart that John Bolton is the worst possible person to represent the United States at the United Nations. Stick to your guns. Toss your body across the tracks if necessary but stop his confirmation. PLEASE!

Sincerely,


Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page