Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Good... Tony may have a pair after all...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, June 03, 2005

Good... Tony may have a pair after all...

with all the accusations that tony blair is bush's poodle, maybe he's decided to show a little moxie of his own...

Britain is considering establishing a European alliance on Group of Eight plans for African aid and debt relief, the Guardian reported Thursday.

In the face of seemingly immutable U.S. opposition to proposals for the cancellation of debt and the tripling of aid to the poorest nations, Prime Minister Tony Blair and Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown are now considering going ahead without Washington fully on board.

blair has invested a great deal of his own political capital in this effort and, with his upcoming turn as the top eu official, he's got a lot at stake in making this happen...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page