Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: (pronounced VEE-yah-ray-GO-suh)
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, May 19, 2005

(pronounced VEE-yah-ray-GO-suh)

esteemed bro suggests i post on the la mayoral election...

"¡Que significance! First Latino mayor in 130+ years, no second term for an incumbent, end to a political machine of the incumbent..."

(from the nyt)

Mr. [Antonio] Villaraigosa won every demographic group except Asian-Americans; they remained loyal to [Mayor James K.] Hahn. . . . Both men are Democrats.

what i particularly like is how ah-nold may have to reconsider his steroid-induced rhetoric about closing the border and supporting the minutemen...

"I'm an American of Mexican descent, and I'm proud of that," said Mr. Villaraigosa, who grew up the son of a single mother in the barrio of East Los Angeles. "But I intend to be the mayor of all of Los Angeles. As the mayor of the most diverse city in the world, that's the only way it can work."

bite me, arnold...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page