Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: President Bush - THIS is the kind of heartless leadership you are encouraging
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, May 27, 2005

President Bush - THIS is the kind of heartless leadership you are encouraging

united airlines has to be one of the most shameless companies i know... their front-line employees, particularly those with direct customer contact work their butts off, take the brunt of every problem, get yelled at by the customers, and then serially abused by the management... it's truly pathetic and has been going on for years and years... it never gets better, only worse... this is from an open letter to glenn tilton, the united ceo, from yet ANOTHER aggrieved, powerless employee...

When you first came to United I was very excited, finally a non-airline CEO, someone who didn't owe anyone within our company anything , finally someone who the employees seem to really like and trust, who told us he had our best interest at heart as well as the companies and the future. Someone who told us we would work together to end the bankruptcy and we would ALL see the rewards of our hard work.

(more)

Boy was I wrong as was [sic] so many of my coworkers.

What I would like to know is what it is you and your fellow management team do that makes you worth over $700,000 a year, more than double your starting salary in 3 years, with a 4.5 million dollar pension and bonuses?, a salary so many of us could never achieve no matter how long we worked for United or how much knowledge we obtain. Of course I already know the answer to that. You and your team were hired to come in, make the employees trust you and then stab us in the back You where hired to take more and more from us while you and your management team ensured your futures with raises, bonuses, and pensions. Yet for some reason we as employees still come to work everyday and deal with the customers, load the planes and get them out on time to make YOU look good. I know you'll say it's not you we're making look good it's ourselves and the way people view United, which in a way is true, however as long as we continue to do this day in and day out nothing will ever change, except now I have lost my pension, taken over a 25% pay cut in in less than 8 years with the bulk of that being after YOU the one I was suppose to trust, the one who was going to work with all of us make our lives better and emerge from bankruptcy came on board. Now you want more of my money, you want my vacation, my holidays and my sick time. You want me to work harder and longer for so much less, because "it's for the future of our company." Tell me Mr, Tilton, when the bankruptcy is over and 5 years from now will you and your management team still be part of "OUR" company or will you u have long moved on to your 4.5 million dollar pensions while we struggle week to week trying to save for our retirement because you took it and so much from us?

[...]

There was a time a thought I would never vote for a union, I would never strike against United that time has long come and gone. I voted for the strike with over 90% off my fellow workers, and I will strike and I will walk the minute the union tells us no matter what. I would rather see the doors of this company close than see you and your management team get another dime from me or my coworkers. You may think this is unfair and selfish, but then again you can afford to

you know it's incredibly bad when the employees would rather see the company go under than put up with their leadership for another minute... sooo sad...but this is the kind of corporate world bushco is encouraging and, worse yet, the kind of management that's being seeded throughout the federal government...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page