Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bolton...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bolton...

as usual, steve clemons over at the washington note, is doing a superb job tracking the ongoing controversy over bush's nomination of john bolton to the post of u.s. ambassador the the u.n... bush ought to have withdrawn the nomination weeks ago but in the current megalomaniacal world of the bush/cheney/rove axis of evil, there's no room for backing away from ANYTHING, no matter how stupid or ill-advised... i won't be able to access c-span today and may even have trouble finding out how the vote turns out this evening but i sure do have my fingers crossed that this terrible nomination doesn't go forward...
at 6pm [edt] there will be a cloture vote. if there are 60 votes in favor of cloture, the senate will move without any further debate to an up or down vote on john bolton's confirmation. if there are not 60 votes in favor of cloture, the question of john bolton's confirmation will be carried over until after next week's recess.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page