Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I hope Voinovich is watching his back
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I hope Voinovich is watching his back

sen. voinovich has quickly become something of a hero in my book cuz i have a strong suspicion that the pressures he's under must be intense... when you come out and say stuff like this when the cheney/bush/rove axis of evil is so strongly committed to pushing something, it's pretty gutsy... i just hope he doesn't end up wearing a pair of custom-designed rove concrete overshoes...

[It] is my concern that John Bolton's nomination sends a negative message to the world community and contradicts the President's efforts. In these dangerous times, we cannot afford to put at risk our nation's ability to successfully wage and win the war on terror with a controversial and ineffective Ambassador to the United Nations.

strong words but he's doing what he oughta be doing - putting the interests of the nation ahead of party interests and speaking from his convictions... that's what he was elected for, after all... unfortunately, that's not something valued by buschco...

The White House remains strongly in favor of Mr. Bolton's nomination, and it is unusual for a Republican to break ranks so publicly with President Bush.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page