Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Dear Congressman Hoyer,
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dear Congressman Hoyer,

April 28, 2005

Congressman Steny Hoyer
1705 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone - (202) 225-4131
Fax - (202) 225-4300

Dear Congressman Hoyer,


As an active Democrat for many years, and even though I do not reside in your Congressional District, I definitely feel that, in your position as House Democratic Whip, you are there to represent my interests and concerns.

I am horrified that you chose to vote for and, adding insult to injury, vocally supported the bankruptcy bill. Moreover, the fact that you sided with my seriously nutcase Congressman, Jim Gibbons, on that bill, to me, renders you unfit for your post.

Of all the times in our country's history, it is now that the spirit of the Democratic Party must rise and shine and it is that very spirit that is under attack from every quarter. I have worked hard all of my life, Congressman Hoyer. I have struggled to support my family. As a last resort, we were forced to declare bankruptcy in the early 80's due to massive health care expenses that were completely beyond our ability to pay. Had this bill been in effect at that time, we would still be paying.

Congressman, I've spent a great deal of time in corporate America and I know first-hand that the credit card companies DO NOT have my best interests at heart. It is clear as day that those companies bought and paid for the bankruptcy bill. There is simply no other way to frame it and your fingerprints are all over it. You should be ashamed.

As a last comment, I would suggest that you crawl on your hands and knees to Representative Nancy Pelosi, apologize for spurning her leadership and humbly ask what you can to to make things right.

Sincerely,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page