Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Celebrating the extrajudicial assassination of an American citizen
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, September 30, 2011

Celebrating the extrajudicial assassination of an American citizen

what's wrong with my country...?
Obama Hails Awlaki Killing

President Obama called the killing of Anwar al Awlaki “another significant milestone in the broader effort to defeat al Qaeda.” The killing of the American-born cleric by CIA drones this morning deals a “major blow” to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, said Obama at the retirement ceremony for Navy Adm. Mike Mullen. Republicans praised the president and the killing of Awlaki, with Texas Gov. Rick Perry calling it “an important victory.” The American Civil Liberties Union, meanwhile, condemned the killing as an illegal assassination of a U.S. citizen.

there's no doubt in my mind that if i started showing support for what al qaeda and other groups advocate in their forms of islamic terrorist extremism, i could just as easily become a target for death-by-drone as al awlaki, no matter that i'm an american citizen... i also have no doubt that if i began spouting rhetoric that called for the execution of all doctors who offered abortions, while i might subject myself to an indictment for hate speech and advocacy of violence, i would not be hunted down and killed by my own government without any benefit of due process...

how is it possible that we've run so far off the rails...?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page