Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The rule of law died with this indictment today
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The rule of law died with this indictment today

read it and weep...

marcy wheeler...

The Inevitable Collapse of Legitimacy Under Secret Law: WikiLeaks Hacks

[...]

We’re so quaint, those of us who believe in rule of law!

[...]

[T]hey have apparently chosen to persist in applying their secret laws, such that they can violate the First Amendment of the Constitution, even while prosecuting others for crimes the government has presumably committed itself.

And that, my friends, is how secret law kills democracy and the rule of law.

< snark > as i sit here in kabul representing my country and all it stands for to the good people of afghanistan... we have so very much to teach them...! < /snark >

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page