Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Is Obama a co-dependent...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Is Obama a co-dependent...?

obama tries to make everybody happy and ends up making nobody happy, a genuine "people-pleaser"...

i somehow never applied the term "co-dependent" to obama but the signs have certainly been there all along... i guess it was this that finally caused me to get a clue...

Obama's Secret Afghan Exit Formula

President Obama is poised to unveil his top-secret plan to slowly reduce U.S. troops in Afghanistan by upward of 30,000 over 12 to 18 months—a plan he hopes will satisfy both those pushing for a quick exit and the diehards determined to stay the course.

in the co-dependency dynamic in dysfunctional relationships, "enablers" of on-going relationship dysfunction are called "co-dependents"... co-dependents are people so intent on preserving a relationship that they give up most of their own identity in the process...

the following is drawn from the wikipedia entry on co-dependency... i have taken the liberty of placing in italics those characteristics i think are particularly descriptive of obama...

Codependency (or codependence, co-narcissism or inverted narcissism) is a tendency to behave in overly passive or excessively caretaking ways that negatively impact one's relationships and quality of life. It also often involves putting one's needs at a lower priority than others while being excessively preoccupied with the needs of others.

[...]

Denial patterns:

  • I have difficulty identifying what I am feeling.
  • I minimize, alter or deny how I truly feel.
  • I perceive myself as completely unselfish and dedicated to the well-being of others.
  • I lack empathy for the feelings and needs of others.
  • I label others with my negative traits.
  • I can take care of myself without any help from others.
  • I mask my pain in various ways such as anger, humor, or isolation.
  • I express negativity or aggression in indirect and passive ways.
  • I do not recognize the unavailability of those people to whom I am attracted.
Compliance patterns:

  • I compromise my own values and integrity to avoid rejection or others' anger.
  • I am very sensitive to how others are feeling and feel the same.
  • I am extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long.
  • I value others' opinions and feelings more than my own and am afraid to express differing opinions and feelings of my own.
  • I put aside my own interests and hobbies in order to do what others want.
  • I accept sex and/or sexual attention when I want love.
  • I am afraid to express my beliefs, opinions, and feelings when they differ from those of others.
  • I make decisions without regard to the consequences.
  • I give up my truth to gain the approval of others or to avoid change.
obama has dramatically succeeded in one thing, that's for sure... ain't NOBODY happy...!

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page