Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Why would any self-respecting progressive, liberal or even a loyal Democrat consider re-electing Barack Obama...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Why would any self-respecting progressive, liberal or even a loyal Democrat consider re-electing Barack Obama...?

not me... burn me once, etc., etc...

glenn...

One thing is for certain: right now, the Democratic Party is absolutely correct in its assessment that kicking its base is good politics. Why is that? Because they know that they have inculcated their base with sufficient levels of fear and hatred of the GOP, so that no matter how often the Party kicks its base, no matter how often Party leaders break their promises and betray their ostensible values, the base will loyally and dutifully support the Party and its leaders (at least in presidential elections...

i have never been particularly inclined toward self-immolation and neither am i a masochist... at this point, i cannot, under any imaginable circumstances, see myself casting a vote for a second term for barack obama... so what does that mean...? sadly, i doubt very much if i will be casting a vote for president in the next election...

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page