Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The Japanese disaster
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Japanese disaster

i've been glued to the tv off and on since the news of japan broke here in south africa early friday morning... to say that it's the most indescribable event of my lifetime would be an understatement... watching the shock wave shoot up from the explosion at the fukushima nuclear plant made my skin crawl... watching the scenes of utter destruction from the tsunami, i might as well be looking at another hiroshima, and if the meltdown that seems to be in progress at the two reactors continues, that level of horror could be added to the ongoing nightmare...

if you haven't already, check out the scenes yourself via this link to the bbc...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page