Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Preparing to say goodbye
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, November 29, 2010

Preparing to say goodbye

i've been living part-time in buenos aires for the past 6 1/2 years and in my little house here for 5... i arrived back in ba yesterday to spend my last week... i am giving up the place and doubt if i will be back any time soon... i love it here and my time in argentina has been a wonderful, emotional and intensely spiritual time for me... when i look back to where i was when i first came, i can honestly say i've grown enormously...

so, why am i leaving...?

for one thing, good friends i made here have moved away and i'm not here often enough or long enough to make the effort to re-establish a social circle worthwhile, and that's not counting the fact that my "social circles" are small, usually consisting of a very, very few special friends... for another thing, the limited time i get to spend plus the cost of maintaining a place and flying back and forth is no small investment...

however...

as i was in the taxi coming from the airport late yesterday morning, i was treated to yet another magnificent, gorgeous ba day and today is even better... all of the jacaranda trees are in bloom and the falling blossoms carpet the sidewalks and streets... the birds are singing and the breezes are fresh and cooling... in short, ba isn't making it easy for me to pack up and go...

ah, well...

times change... i will be 63 next week and i have no doubt there are more adventures ahead...

sigh...


Photobucket
Jacaranda tree in bloom

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page