Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Arrived back in the U.S. early yesterday morning
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, November 05, 2010

Arrived back in the U.S. early yesterday morning

being in argentina for the past month was a blessed relief and coming back yesterday to the u.s., it was clear that nothing has changed, a conservative sweep of the mid-term elections notwithstanding... now, mind you, i didn't expect anything different, but sitting in the breakfast room of the hotel this morning with fox news blasting in my face from two different monitors, i confess to being just a tad bit glum... i never watch fox news unless i'm absolutely unable to avoid it but i am always stunned at its complete lack of depth, its self-granted freedom to distort the truth and its blatant pandering to all the worst human tendencies... kind of like a mirror for the rest of the country, i'm afraid...

the good news...?

i'm back on a plane out of the country later this afternoon... granted, there's no such thing as a utopia out there and most places i go, i see the same ugly patterns repeating themselves... what makes it a little more tolerable is that, when i'm in somebody ELSE's country, what's getting shoved in my face isn't constantly reminding me of the miserable state of my OWN country...

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page