Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A huge thank-you to Brother Tim
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A huge thank-you to Brother Tim

i've been wallowing in a blogging funk this last week and a half... actually, regular readers will note that it's been longer than that... since my "coming of age" to the realities of this world some twenty-five years ago, realities that became almost unbearable during the seemingly endless george w. bush years, each and every dark development that issues from the obama white house is like a stab to my heart...

i don't consider myself naive but i did nourish the brief hope that we would at least see a general change for the better under obama... i certainly didn't foresee that the rape and pillage of our country, the erosion of our civil liberties, the vicious destruction of the middle class, and the full-tilt boogie of endless war would accelerate from warp 2 to warp 8...

so, i've been on a self-imposed blog strike, feeling that, under the best of circumstances, i'm only tilting at windmills... brother tim, in his great compassion, noted the vacuum and generously stepped in to keep the home fires burning... tim, you're a real mensch...!

what i neglected to consider is the plain truth that i never started this blog to make a difference... i'm neither conceited, articulate, prolific, nor ego-driven enough to assume that l'il ol' me could turn the tide... from the outset, i determined to make this an outlet, something to help me retain my sanity in an increasingly insane world... this little vacation has reminded me of that and how much the occasional post keeps me from descending into the hellhole of my own mind...

so, i'm back... not with bells on... not on a crusade... not with anything more in mind than to scratch some really annoying itches...

again, many, many thanks, tim... hang in there, buddy... we're all we've got...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page