Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I'm an Afghan... I'd need a visa to get in to HELL...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm an Afghan... I'd need a visa to get in to HELL...!

the above was passed along to me as a comment from an afghan friend...

i was chatting with her on skype and asking when she would be leaving on a planned business trip to morocco... she said that she didn't have a visa... i asked her how long it would take to get one... she replied that she could get one at the airport on entry to morocco... i said i thought that maybe she had meant that she didn't NEED a visa... the above was her response and i laughed long and loud when i read it...

the poor afghans have almost impossible obstacles to overcome to get visas to ANYWHERE... the typical wait for a u.s. visa is 4-8 months and that's with the sponsorship of the u.s. firm they're working for plus the concurrence of usaid... the uae won't even let them out of the dubai airport when they've got hours and hours to kill between flights...

the visual image of a poor afghan standing at the gates of hell, handing his afghan passport to the devil who then says, "oh, i see you're from afghanistan... do you have a visa?" is just too funny...

Labels:

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page