Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A very personal take on Obama's health care speech last night
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A very personal take on Obama's health care speech last night

from a good friend in illinois...
I thought he delivered well on a complex issue. The Repubs. I felt were an embarrassing lot - or you can drop the "embarr" part. I do think that BO should refrain from hinting at dubya's faults though as he goes forward. That tain't going to play in Peoria too much longer. Let history speak for itself now - that will show George's incompetence soon enough. Liked how he ended it in speaking about how this issue defines our character.

I have a BIG stake in this. I lose my health coverage at the end of Oct. I've already tried to get it through AARP and Aetna. Told them I had RA [Rheumatoid Arthritis] and the person read a speech off a card how they were sorry, but they could not offer me insurance without an explanation. I told her to stop reading the speech and asked her if I was being denied due to my RA. She simply said "yes". So that means I'd have no access to the vital drugs I need in 6 weeks if something doesn't change and I'd be in severe pain that would eventually cripple me. Doesn't matter if I could afford to pay or not. And that's why these kind of changes are needed.

as a side note of interest, this is from a guy who voted for mccain...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page