Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Am I cynical...? Am I a contrarian...? Am I a Republican...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Am I cynical...? Am I a contrarian...? Am I a Republican...?

yes, occasionally and hell no... however, at this stage of the game, i have to confess that anyone endorsed by the wapo is deserving of my opposition...
Confirm Sonia Sotomayor

After four days of often intense confirmation hearings, Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor proved herself well-qualified and worthy of confirmation.

the co-host of my blogtalkradio program, brother tim, expressed puzzlement the other day over why the repubs were so opposed to sotomayor when it's obvious that she's a perfect choice for them, a law and order freak and a supporter of the corporate model who will probably align quite nicely with the neo-bush obama administration...

i make the above points with great pain since i think a latina supreme court justice would be a great thing just as i thought a black president would be a great thing... hell, i think a black, female president would be a great thing and if it wasn't for the fact that the only product on offer that met that description was she-who-must-not-be-named, i would have gone out and pushed for her...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page