Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Still terrified of the coming pandemic...? Get over it...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Still terrified of the coming pandemic...? Get over it...

here's the pig but where's the lipstick...?

Photobucket

meanwhile, back in the reality-based community...
Flu death toll 'less than feared'

Mexico has revised down the suspected death toll from swine flu from 176 to 101, indicating that the outbreak may not be as bad as was initially feared.

Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova told the BBC that, based on samples tested, the mortality rate was comparable with that of seasonal flu.

comparable with that of seasonsal flu...? wait...! wait just a minute...! i thought i was supposed to be sequestered in some safe spot, isolated from the rest of humanity, wearing a mask, and trembling for fear of catching some deadly virus... now that i've swallowed the hype, hook, line and sinker, you tell me it's 'less than feared'...? have i summoned up all this paranoia for NOTHING...? hmmmmph...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page