Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A fervent prayer on this Presidential Inauguration Day 2009
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A fervent prayer on this Presidential Inauguration Day 2009

i will be watching the oath-taking in d.c. live from here in aqaba, jordan, at 7 p.m. local time... this is a moment of such tremendous historical significance it's almost impossible to capture it in words and i'm not even going to try... i will leave that task to others, others much more adept at recording things for posterity than i... what i would like to offer, however, is my fervent wish - nay, my fervent prayer - that our new president restores the values that i believe my country is built on, the constitution that has guided us since the beginning and the pride that i would like to again feel about my country's place in the world... and, as much as it pains me to say it, that will not be possible unless and until we can shake off our collective denial about the criminals we have tacitly enabled to lead us over the past years and make sure that accountability and the rule of law is upheld... without that, all of our efforts to march hand-in-hand to a brighter day will be hollow and ultimately ineffective...

all blessings, good will and the brilliant white light of truth and love to you, president obama, on this, the most auspicious day of my lifetime...

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page