Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Thanksgiving day in Kabul
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving day in Kabul

Photobucket

i was just walking in the door of the office here in kabul this morning when i heard the blast... needless to say, the cell phone networks immediately went gridlock as everyone was trying to find out what was going on... the mother of one of my afghan friends lives near the square where it took place and, when she first tried to call, her mother wasn't picking up the phone... it took about three tries, but then she answered and all is ok...
Afghan Police Say Bomb Explodes Near U.S. Embassy

Afghan police say a suicide car bomb has exploded about 200 yards outside the main entrance to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, killing at least one.

i had come from the hotel where i was watching the news reports on the mumbai situation, so this on top of that wasn't good news, for sure...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page