Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Sunday kite-blogging - Día de los Niños
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday kite-blogging - Día de los Niños

after at least a week of gray days - very unusual here in buenos aires - the S.U.N. managed to shine today from 9 a.m. to roughly 3:30... after making myself a breakfast omelet and sitting in on a noon conference call, i was still able to capture about 2 1/2 hours of the remaining sunshine before the current set of clouds rolled over... i rode the bike over to parque de los niños and then up the paseo de la costa along the rio de la plata to the end... i had forgotten that today is día de los niños, so there were lots of folks and lots of families out enjoying themselves... carlitos, famous for its burgers and zillion varieties of panqueques (pancakes) on the paseo was packed... best of all, there were also two kite outfits who had tents and displays on the paseo and were demo'ing their wares... amazing...! i now have my eye on one particular kite that i am simply going to HAVE to check out... i wish i had had my camera...

since i don't have any pics to post, here's a youtube clip made by one of the kite vendors that features one of the kite highlights, an octopus kite, that was being flown this afternoon...




here's the links to the two kite sellers...

Batoco

and

Alto Vuelo

unfortunately, i can't find the particular kite i have my eye on in the catalog or gallery of either site... guess i'll just have to make an in-person visit...! ;)

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page