Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Lockheed Martin - "Our hiring patterns nationwide ... are totally unaffected by the state of the economy"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, June 23, 2008

Lockheed Martin - "Our hiring patterns nationwide ... are totally unaffected by the state of the economy"

the glorious benefits - to some - of endless war...
The big defense company Lockheed Martin of Bethesda [MD] has nary a concern about the national economic downturn. It is hiring -- not laying off -- employees.

"Our hiring patterns nationwide and in the Washington area are totally unaffected by the state of the economy," said Ken Disken, senior vice president for human resources.

meanwhile, for the REST of us...
Renee Warren, 49, a Gaithersburg waitress who has been staying home to take care of her disabled husband, saw her lights go dark recently because she couldn't pay her electricity bills, which have reached $400 a month.

"It's just ridiculous," Warren said. "You can't live. I can't even get shoes for my husband, clothes, the things we need because of the bills."

The sagging national economy is widening the gap locally between people who work for the giant base of consulting and technology firms that rely on the government for revenue and lower- and middle-income people in jobs exposed to the downturn, such as retail and construction.

what's the message in this...? aw, c'mon... repeat after me...

I. LOVE. WAR.

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page