Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: And here ya have it - it's Obama
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

And here ya have it - it's Obama

it's about goddam time... now, can we please get on with the very serious business of kicking mccain's flabby, white, geriatric* ass...?
Posted at 10:07 PM ET, 06/ 3/2008

Obama Secures Nomination, According to Network Projections

By Chris Cillizza
washingtonpost.com

Sen. Barack Obama has effectively secured the Democratic nomination for president, according to several television networks and the Associated Press -- an historic achievement that for the first time will place an African American at the top of a major political party's ticket.

Obama's apparent nomination victory came even as Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton scored a come-from-behind victory in South Dakota, a state where Obama was expected to win relatively easily a few weeks ago. South Dakota and Montana, which allocate a total of 31 delegates, brought the 2008 Democratic primary process to a close after five months of voting.

The victory in South Dakota, while gratifying for Clinton, makes no difference as Obama has already crested the magic number of delegates needed to claim the party's nomination.


* yeah, ok... full disclosure... at 60, i'm arguably a senior citizen myself, and i've got nothin' against a geezer running for prez... when i say something like the above, i'm just sayin' it for effect... lord only knows, given my asset-free existence, i'm pro'ly going to be working my flabby, white, geriatric ass off until i fall out of the saddle... believe me, my beef with mccain has zero to do with his age...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page