Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Evidently, I'm not the only one that thinks United Airlines sucks
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Evidently, I'm not the only one that thinks United Airlines sucks

i posted on this obscene move the other day... not surprisingly, i'm not alone in how i feel about the disgusting fleece job perpetrated by my former employer...
United Airlines said on Tuesday its new USD$25 fee to check a second bag offers "customers choice, flexibility and low fares," but travelers were not buying the explanation and took to blogs to protest.

The airline's new policy -- the first of its kind among major carriers -- has raised the ire of travelers who already feel fleeced by carriers that charge for in-flight goods and services that used to be included in the fare.

The new bag check fee likely will be matched by rival carriers that currently check two bags for free, experts said.

Within hours of United's announcement on Monday, travelers began registering their displeasure.

"I totally agree this is going to hurt the people that can least afford it and who don't know how to play the system. Kind of like the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer," read one flyertalk posting.

"offers 'customers choice, flexibility and low fares'...??" what a load of crap... i usually do at least 8-10 price comparisons when i'm buying an airline ticket, and united is NEVER in the running at the end... in fact, they're ALWAYS the first to be crossed off my list because their ticket prices tend to be 30% higher than the carrier i end up booking my ticket with... unfortunately, i also know way too much about the inner working of the place, and, if they want me to shut up, they're going to have to kill me...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page