Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: We Are Trained Killers
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, January 14, 2008

We Are Trained Killers

Watch this. Make your kids watch this. This is war, for REAL.
It is exceptionally disturbing.
This can't be what we wanted to do in Iraq or anywhere else.


We Are Trained Killers

I am afraid we have become the enemy we sought to destroy. Look at what we have done to them, and to our own soldiers.
This isn't victory, it's just death.
Worst of all, I am very ashamed of myself. I keep asking the question in my mind, "Why did they shoot that dog?"
Am I just another agent of evil that cares little for the dehumanization of our enemy, if indeed those Iraqis shown are our enemy?
I think before I can judge the actions of those in this film, I need to look into myself and answer that question.
Many sleepless nights ahead, I think.


(you're right, jim... it IS disturbing... EXTREMELY disturbing... so much so, in fact, that i decided to jump in and post the youtube video here...

-profmarcus)





(NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NOT kid-friendly... not particularly adult-friendly, either...)

Labels: ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page