Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Concerned about the Constitutional crisis? Check out this guy!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Concerned about the Constitutional crisis? Check out this guy!

john nirenberg is willing to put it all on the line...




The 60-year-old author and academic plans to walk from Boston to Washington, D.C., to confront House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in hopes of persuading Congress to take up the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

Nirenberg says he's no activist. He hates snow, cold and darkness. He's not even sure he'll make a difference, but he's going to try.

He plans to hit the road Sunday, leaving from Faneuil Hall and walking 15 miles a day until he gets to Capitol Hill, stopping at the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall and other symbolic locations as he makes his way to the U.S. Capitol.

Wearing a "Save the Constitution, Impeach Bush and Cheney," sandwich-board style sign, Nirenberg hopes to rally support for an issue Pelosi has said is no longer on the table.

"This is about satisfying my conscience. I just don't want to be the guy who says in five years that I regret not having stood up and said something.

i've often entertained this same thought... this guy is my age and he's hoofing it from boston to d.c. to demonstrate what he believes... my hat is off, and i'm damn sure giving him my support... you can too...
Can’t come with me? I’ll march in your name. Click here to learn more and watch my videos as I march.

from nirenberg's website...
What you can do to take citizenship to the next level:

* First, don’t wait for the organizers. If you can’t make the planned events or don’t like crowds make your presence felt anyway - whenever you are ready.

* When you can, go to Speaker Pelosi’s office in Washington, D.C., go to House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyer’s Office in Washington D.C. and tell them to do their duty and impeach Bush and Cheney for violating the Constitution and breaking the law.

* Let’s remind them that the halls of the Capitol are not just for high paid corporate lobbyists. Bring your friends. Keep it simple. Make it personal. Go whenever you can. Then go again. Tell them you want real accountability. Tell them you want to save the Constitution. Tell them to put impeachment back on the table — now.

This is our duty as citizens, our duty to what is left of our good old-fashioned American idealism and our duty to future generations.

Let’s stop the lies. Stop the corruption. Stop the killing. Now.

at this moment in our history, i'd much rather put my money behind somebody like this than one of the half-baked candidates running for president...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page